- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers
- 4 cloves of garlic, pressed
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 (12 ounce) can lager beer (optional, can use broth as a replacement)
- 2 (19 ounce) cans kidney beans
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
Really good served with: Jiffy cornbread, sour cream, radishes, scallions, avocados, jalapenos, cilantro, cheddar, and toasted pumpkin seeds.
1. Heat oil in large pot, over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, red pepper, garlic and cook for 6-8 minutes, until soft, stirring occasionally.
3. Add ground turkey and cook until no longer pink, about 5-7 minutes. Add tomato paste, chili powder, and cumin. Cook for a few minutes.
4. Add beer (or broth), beans, tomatoes (including their juices), salt and pepper.
5. Let simmer until nice and thick, about 25 minutes.
happy fall, everyone.
***aaaaand update! here's a little fall +playlist+to accompany your chili cookoff***