Saturday, October 11, 2008

iced over

i woke up this morning to frost.  a nice surprise.  so after a quick walk, and a trip down to the neighbors to feed their dog (while they're out of town), i am back, making coffee and my face is flushed and stinging a little.  it's cold, and i love it.

around this time last year i decided what my christmas gift would be to my family.  during my many hours of web surfing at work, i found a cabin in the north carolina mountains, in a place i'd never heard of called andrews.  so, my plan was to wait until thanksgiving and tell them my surprise.  i did not last that long.  

long story short, we had the best time.  josh couldn't make it back east last year, and that sucked.  but this year, i think he is going to be able to make the trip!  so, we're headed back to the same cabin, loading up jake, and some christmas decorations and going to our awesome little secluded home.  

here's a side view of the house.  the bottom left window is my room:)  


this is the loft where the boys will sleep.


this is the view from our front porch.  


1 comment:

Vibrant Violet said...

i have good memories of that place.

1.jared kept daring me to do scary stuff in the graveyard in the middle of the night.

2. jared smashed my face onto cool whip on the table.

3. jared wouldnt let us finish watching superbad.

come to think of it, you didn't let me finish watching 'the holiday' either.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog