Monday, August 04, 2008

i would rather

well, i had been working on this other, more serious, and probably slightly confusing entry, but instead, i will inform you of the minutia filling my day thus far.  

roll over, hear dog whimpering to be let out.
thought process:  just give me five more minutes, maybe fifteen.

it's amazing how magnified minutes become at 6am.  

6:30am, wake up to an excited puppy, who promptly pees on my foot and licks my face off.  
outside for potty and play.
i sit in the backyard, in my pajamas and bathrobe, and check my emails.

randy (jess' dad) comes out on the deck for a smoke, we exchange good mornings, beulah seeing randy, pees on herself.

i stay outside until my desire for coffee is inescapable.  come in, make coffee.  at this point, randy realizes his flight is today, not tomorrow.  packing ensues.  

turn back and forth between the today show and the waltons.  say good morning to jess and babes.  beulah pees on herself.  

i shower.

randy heads to airport.  

beulah sleeps.
babies pretend to sleep.
jess and i play relaxation game, and pretend to schedule (or i just pretend, jess really does).

beulah wakes.
i walk around.
laundry.
preparing new girl's room.
lunch.

both babies up.

nick comes in, beulah sees him.  
pees.

a few phone calls, and now i'm back outside.
checking my emails.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog