Monday, August 31, 2009

dare i say?


today seems fall-like here in charlotte. i am sure it won't last, but it's nice to get a little taste of cooler weather and general coziness.

here's what i'm looking forward to this week:

tomorrow night we're starting a book club/craft night/cooking group sort of thing at my house (also on the agenda..come up with a more concise name). it's going to be great. playing on the coziness of today, we'll have tea/coffee and chocolate chip banana bread, which reminds me of the northwest.

so that's my favorite thing about this week so far.


3 comments:

Amy said...

Oh, sounds like FUN! I hope you have a blast. I'm loving this cooler weather here too! Heat be gone!!!

There's a recipe for apple pecan bunt cake on my blog. It's cinnamonny and delicious and easy. Might be a good one to try out :) It would be fantastic on a cool day with some coffee. Mmmmmm!

Mom said...

Sounds wonderful. I would love to be one of your twenty something friends for the night. It's cloudy and cooler here today too. Speaking of recipes, I happened to look on Beth Moore's blog, and there was my recipe for Cinnamon Chocolate Cake that I got while living in Texas; however, Beth called it Beth's Texas Sheet Cake. Anyway, it's great with a cup of coffee or an ice cold glass of milk, as you well know.

I am also thinking we should write a series of children's books based on, none other than, our Beulah girl. You could come up with the story lines, I could edit/proofread. Jared could illustrate, and Maria could design the children's clothes that would be in the book. Are you up for it?

Amy said...

Oh my goodness, your mom's book idea is FAB! I'd totally buy that book for Wes!! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Search This Blog